Farran’s Point Lodge No. 256 was instituted June 28, 1871. Due to space limitations the lodge moved to more suitable accommodations in the village of Aultsville in 1901. As a result of the flooding of the village of Aultsville as part of the development of the St. Lawrence Seaway, Farran’s Point Lodge No. 256 moved from Aultsville to Ingleside in 1959. To maintain a link with the past and the villages of Farran’s Point and Aultsville shortly after the move to Ingleside the Lodge was renamed Farran-Ault Lodge No. 256.
Wales Lodge A.F. & A.M. No. 458
Wales Lodge No. 458 was instituted June 13, 1902. The lodge called Wales its home until the flooding of the Seaway. The Lodge held its last meeting over Colquhoun’s General store on Dec 30, 1957 and moved to their new home in Long Sault on March 3rd 1958. Following the sale of the property in Long Sault, Wales Lodge No. 458 moved to Ingleside in 1985.
And When Conjoined
Although originally located in Farran’s Point and Wales, the Masonic influence of these two lodges extended to the other surrounding communities. These communities were destroyed as a result of the development of the St. Lawrence Seaway. Communities that today are referred to and known locally as “The Lost Villages”. Over the years the membership of both these lodges consisted of citizens of the villages of Farran’s Point, Aultsville, Dickinson’s Landing, Mille Roche, Moulinette and Wales. To honour these Masons and the communities from which they came, it is indeed fitting that the new lodge created as a result of the amalgamation of Farran-Ault Lodge No. 256 and Wales Lodge No. 458 be called “Lost Villages Lodge No. 256.”
“May the Most High prosper this united endeavour!”